ADS! DOWNLOAD ANY PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (PDF VERSION)
Airtel Nigeria: Everything You Need to Know About Airtel Nigeria.
Airtel Nigeria: Airtel Nigeria is undoubtedly one of the best telecommunication networks in Nigeria. Airtel has network presence in all states of the Federation, Local Government Areas, major towns and villages in Nigeria. The company’s mobile networks cover over 70% of Nigeria’s population and its 3G coverage ratio is over 41%. Read through this article carefully, you will be enlightened on Everything You Need to Know about Airtel Nigeria.
The Airtel Nigeria we have today has undergone several transitions. It first came in 2001 as Econet and later changed to Zain Nigeria. It has also answered Celtel Nigeria, Vodacom, and VMobile.
In 2010, an Indian company called Bharti Airtel fully acquired the telecommunication company in a $10.7 billion deal. Airtel Nigeria is the second-largest telecommunication company in Nigeria, following MTN Nigeria.
Since Airtel as we know it today came in, they have been offering mouthwatering and cheap data services to their customers, with which they stay connected with the internet and grow their businesses.
Have you ever wondered how this company was established? How it came about? Or how it has attained such a height of success? Well, that’s the essence of this article. It will give you an overview of Airtel Nigeria and how it came about.
Airtel Networks Limited is one of the leading telecommunications services providers in Nigeria with its headquarters in Lagos, the commercial center of Nigeria.
Airtel ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G, and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, and enterprise services.
Airtel Nigeria: A Brief History
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
The company made history on August 5, 2001, by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market.
It includes the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
Airtel has network presence in all states of the Federation, Local Government Areas, major towns and villages in Nigeria. The company’s mobile networks cover over 70% of Nigeria’s population and its 3G coverage ratio is over 41%.
The company’s distribution network spreads across over 40,000 retail outlets with well over 332,042 retailers. In the Financial Year 2016- 17, Airtel’s network carried over 420Tb (Terabytes) of data volume.
Airtel is known for its Corporate Social Investments programmes, particularly its Adopt-a-School initiative, which seeks to provide a 360-degree approach for identifying, nurturing, and developing the minds of underprivileged children across public primary schools.
Airtel has also consistently intervened in areas of health-care, access to clean water, and several charity projects within its four adopted schools just as it is bankrolling the Airtel Touching Lives programme, a revolutionary initiative designed to offer practical relief to the underprivileged, hard-to-reach and downtrodden.
Airtel Nigeria Awards and Excellence
Below are key achievements and successes recorded by Airtel Nigeria:
- 2001 – Awarded Digital Mobile License (DML) for communication services in Nigeria
- 2001 – Becomes first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services on August 5
- 2003 – Wins Most Customer Sensitive Network (Thisday Newspapers)
- 2003 – Wins Best Customer-Friendly Network (Telecoms Awards)
- 2005 – Wins Best Customer Care Operator (Telecoms Awards)
- 2005 – Wins GSM Company of the Year (City People Magazine)
- 2006 – Wins Best Customer Care Operator (Telecoms Awards)
- 2006 – Wins Best Customer Care Mobile Company (IT & Telecoms Digest, 2006)
- 2007 – Wins the Brand of the Year and Good Governance Awards (Thisday Awards)
- 2008 – Wins Best Customer Care Award (Nigerian Communications Commission)
- 2009 – Wins the Best Customer Care Award (Nigerian Information Technology and Telecoms Awards)
- 2010 – Launches service under the brand name Airtel.
- 2011 – Becomes the first Telco to rollout 3.75G Network pan Nigeria
- 2011 – Launches award-winning CSR programme, Adopt-a-School
- 2011 – Wins the Best Customer Care Operator (Telecoms Awards)
- 2011 – Wins the CSR Awards for Educational Development (Organized PR Practitioners)
- 2012 – Adjudged by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management as the Telco with best HR practices
- 2012 – Becomes the first Telco to complete 4G LTE field trial
- 2012 – Becomes the first Telco to launch the revolutionary HD Voice Service
- 2013 – Wins triple awards for customer service, brand innovation, and the company of the year at the prestigious Nigerian Telecoms Awards.
- 2013 – Adjudged best Telco Company by CIPM for best HR practices in the telecoms sector
- 2014 – Launches Airtel Touching Lives, revolutionary CSR programme to uplift the less privilege
- 2014 – Adjudged by the prestigious SERA Panel as Best CSR Company in Education delivery
- 2015 – Bagged the Association of Telecommunications Company of Nigeria’s Merit Award
- 2015 – Named Telecoms Brand of the Year by the African Leadership Magazine
- 2016 – Named Most Friendly Customer Operator by the Nigerian Telecoms Awards
- 2016 – Airtel Nigeria’s CEO, Segun Ogunsanya, named Telecoms CEO of the Year by the Nigerian Telecoms Awards
- 2016 – Airtel Nigeria’s CEO, Segun Ogunsanya, named Telecoms CEO of the Year by Marketing Edge Magazine
- 2016 – Airtel Nigeria was awarded the ‘Best Company in Reduction of Inequality’ (SDG 10) at the prestigious SERA Awards, a notable platform that recognizes exceptional CSR interventions in Nigeria.
- 2017 – Awarded great place to work in Jobberman
- 2017 – Airtel’s TVC, Data is Life, bags three awards at African Cristal Festival
- 2017 – Airtel gets an award for selfless service, joins LUTH for World Blood Donor Day
- 2017 – Airtel Adjudged Best Company In Recruitment
- 2017 – CEO Named Best Telecoms CEO In Africa
- 2017 – Airtel Nigeria bags LCCI Service Excellence in Telecom Award
- 2017 – Airtel adjudged Most Outstanding Customer-Centric Telecoms Brand by MarketingEdge
- 2017 – Payment Innovation in Telecom Award at INTERSWITCH Awards
- 2017 – Airtel Wins Award for Excellence in CSR at Global Patriot Newspaper’s
- 2017 – Telecom CEO of the Year Award
- 2017 – NTITA CSR Excellence Award
- 2017 – Best TV Commercial campaign Award
- 2017 – Airtel adjudged the best company in stakeholder engagement at SERAS 2017
- 2017 – Airtel’s Lost TVC wins Gold at Epica Awards
- 2017 – Airtel’s TVC Lost wins the best Commercial at LAIF Awards
Airtel Data Plan
Airtel has many different data plans tailored to different groups of individuals and needs. These plans include:
Airtel Unlimited Data Plans
- Unlimited 10: This costs 10,000 Naira and is valid for 30 days (1 month). The subscription code is *462*10#. Experience Unlimited Data Plans from Airtel. Fair Usage Policy 1 applies after 40GB.
- Unlimited 15: This data plan costs 15,000 Naira and is valid for 30 days (1 month). Dial *462*15# to subscribe. Experience Unlimited Data Plans from Airtel. Fair Usage Policy 1 applies after 65GB.
- Unlimited 20: This data plan costs 20,000 Naira and is valid for 30 days (1 month). The subscription code is *462*20#. Experience Unlimited Data Plans from Airtel. Fair Usage Policy 1 applies after 100GB.
Airtel Nigeria Touching Lives
Airtel Touching Lives is an inspiring corporate social responsibility initiative that seeks to offer practical relief, succor, hope, opportunities, and credible platforms to liberate and empower the underprivileged, disadvantaged and hard to reach persons in our society.
The activities of Airtel Touching Lives are recorded and produced for national television with a view to promoting the spirit of giving, self-sacrifice, and love among Nigerians.
Airtel Touching Lives has entered its fourth season. The 13-episode programme, which features 24 emotion-evoking stories, is broadcast on Sundays on Africa Magic Channel 151 by 7.30-8.00pm.
Repeat broadcast is aired on Africa Magic Family 154 on Saturdays 8 pm to 8.30 pm; Africa Magic Urban on Thursdays 7.30 pm to 8.00 pm; AIT on Sundays by 6.30 pm to 7 pm; NTA on Wednesdays by 8.30 pm to 9.00 pm and Arewa 24 TV on Sundays by 7.00 pm to 7.30 pm.
We believe this information on Airtel Nigeria: Everything You Need to Know About Airtel Nigeria is helpful to you? Why not share it with your friends out there by clicking on the share button on this website. You can as well subscribe to be updated for further information concerning this topic.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
=> FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
ADS: KNOCK-OFF DIABETES IN JUST 60 DAYS! – ORDER YOURS HERE
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.